FRIENDS WILL HELP YOU GET THAT EYE-POPPING CGPA

In the pursuit of academic excellence, you need to realise that the calibre of friends you associate yourself with will determine to a large extent how far your goals of studentship will be achieved.

Man is gregarious. He appreciates and revels his association with fellow humans.

Friends are important; the good one will help propel you to your dreams.

If you are a regular visitor to this blog, you should be familiar with its central themes: understanding the core concepts of your course of study and getting that eye-popping CGPA. This post, therefore, will revolve around those themes.

Going forward, I'll be giving instances where friends will provide invaluable support.

Motivation: in my previous post, I talked about the importance of motivation in schoolwork. Friends are one of the biggest motivators for success. Associating with the right friends has a dual impact; you motivate and in turn, get motivated.

I had a smart and small circle of friends in my undergraduate days. We were about five closely knit intellectuals. We dared each other to great success and we accomplished that. There was healthy competition (extrinsic motivation) among us. I've got fond memories of those events and we are still best of friends till date. Good friends will bring the best out of you. Find them and keep them close.

Academic help: I'll be particular about Nigerian tertiary institutions here. Students over the course of their study contend with several issues: defective timetables, short deadlines, poor teaching approaches, the sale of lecture notes and handouts and collection of illegal fees among others. To give a better perspective to these, I'll share another experience.

I had cause to travel on a particular weekend while I was an undergraduate. Shortly after I arrived my destination, I got a call from my pals informing me that the deadline for submission of a particular assignment had been brought forward by 7 days and fixed for Tuesday of the new week. There was no way I could return back to school before the deadline. Guess who bailed me out? My friends.

At other instance, you could be cooling off at home and lectures get fixed without your knowledge. Friends will place a call to you or seek ways of notifying you about such developments. This will help prevent you from missing important lecture sessions.

Good friends bail you out when you're low on cash. In a situation where you need to get that important course material and the means (money) is not available, they get it for you or share theirs with you.

Friends play much more important roles than the ones mentioned above. This is to say these points aren't exhaustive.

If you carefully read through this article, you'll see where I'm driving at.

In summary, make good friends; you'll achieve more with their support structure.

The comments section is open for further discussion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW TO CALCULATE CGPA AND GPA IN NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES

WRITING THAT EYE-POPPING CGPA

GETTING THE BEST FROM YOUR LECTURES